We agree with the Baptist Faith and Message adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention.
Specifically, we believe:
- One God in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The inspiration, infallibility, inerrancy, and sufficiency of the Bible.
- People are made in God’s image, born with a sin nature, and, as a result, spiritually depraved.
- The incarnation of the Son of God as the person Jesus and his subsequent birth of the virgin Mary.
- Jesus is fully God, fully human, lived a sinless life, died an atoning death, raised on the third day, ascended to heaven, and will one day physically return to the earth.
- People must be regenerated by the Holy Spirit and justified by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.
- Each true believer is a priest before God and perseveres in his salvation.
- The local church is an autonomous body of baptized believers. Its purpose is to glorify God by worshiping Him and taking the Gospel to the world so they, too, may worship Him.