Good Morning Bethesda!
If you missed the Fondue Party on Saturday evening you really missed a good time. We had over 20 present and enjoyed a couple of hours of food and fellowship. Thank you to all who helped make the party so special and an extra thanks to Karla for planning and organizing the event!
Did you notice how bright the platform area was yesterday morning during worship? No, I was not transformed! But thanks to Jon and Brady (perhaps others; sorry if I am overlooking anyone), we have brighter light bulbs over the platform now. Thank you for changing them!
Continue to pray for our church, especially for those who are ill and for a God sent revival within each of our hearts. May God bring such a revival even this week!
- Bowling Fellowship, Sunday, March 18th, 1:30PM at Harvest Lanes. Details to come!
Urgent Prayer Requests
- Sandy Bunch recovering from an ankle injury.
- Sandy Brandel’s mom, recovering but still in need of our prayers.
- Zachary Mueller, special prayer.
- Pete & Brenda Koelling
- Brenda Koelling’s father who is ill.
- Marilynn Norvell, still in pain
- Cynthia Wordlaw, her mother, father, and sister suffering physically
- Gene & Lois Schulze both at home.
- Caroline, Anne Overton’s sister-in-law, fight with cancer & her need for Christ.
- The Overtons as they search for a new church in Indiana.
- Our church and need for revival
“The wrath of the lamb will be most terrible. To reject such love and mercy as are now offered, and to incur such wrath as is now threatened, is the height of madness.” – William Plumer
Sunday Sermon Outline
“Kissing the Son”
Proposition: There is a judgment awaiting those who reject God and His Son the Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, they need to heed God’s warning.
Transition: In this Psalm, God discloses 4 aspects of this dangerous situation.
I. God Discloses the Problem. (vv. 1-3) �
A. See the Ones Involved in the Problem. (1-2)
B. See the Nature of the Problem. (1-3)
II. God Discloses His Position. (vv. 4-6)
A. He Responds in Laughter. (4)
B. He Responds in Wrath. (5)
C. He Responds with a King. (6)
III. God Discloses His Plan. (vv. 7-9)
A. The Son is the Center of the Plan. (7)
B. The Son is the Heir in the Plan. (8)
C. The Son is the Judge of the Plan. (9)
IV. God Discloses His Plea. (vv. 10-12)
A. Consider Your Ways. (10)
B. Serve Yahweh. (11)
C. Kiss the Son. (12)
D. Receive the Benefits. (12b)
“Who thought, when Christ suffered and the Jews triumphed, that God was laughing all the time?” – Martin Luther
- The Bethesda Academy, Monday, 6:30p.m.
- Bible Study (Micah) & Prayer Meeting, Wednesday, 7 p.m.
- Sunday School, Sunday, 9:15 a.m.
- Worship Service, Sunday, 10:30 a.m.
- Discipleship Training, Sunday, 5 p.m.
- Biblical Greek for Beginners, Sunday, 6 p.m.
I am looking forward to what our Lord is going to do through our church in the coming months! Please keep praying for revival within our fellowship. I fear our hearts have grown a little cool toward God and need to be warmed again. Such warming is possible only by the movement of God’s Spirit. And, when His Spirit moves, not only will our hearts warm but our church will be used in the community for His glory!
I hope to see you Wednesday evening for prayer meeting. If not, then I look forward to worshiping our Lord together on Sunday!