STIRRINGS AT BETHESDA
A Monthly Publication of Bethesda Baptist Church
March 31, 2015
* Good Friday Tenebrae Service. This year marks our 3rd Good Friday worship service scheduled for April 3 at 6:30 p.m. The service will last about an hour and will focus on the events of the day marking the death of our Lord. Brother Gary Robnett, the former pastor of Highland View Baptist Church in St. Charles, will deliver the message. You are encouraged to join us for this special time of worship.
* Resurrection Sunday (Easter) is this Sunday, April 5. The message will be the final in a series on the professions of Jesus Christ. We have already examined the Private Profession of Simon Peter and the Public Professions of the crowd. On Sunday we look at the Angelic Profession based on Matthew 28. While every Sunday is a reminder of our Lords victory over death, this Sunday is most special since it marks the anniversary of his resurrection.
* Election Day, is Tuesday, April 7. Our church is a local polling place and will be busy on that day providing local citizens with an opportunity to vote.
* Business Meeting: our monthly business meeting is Wednesday, April 8 at 7 p.m. Each member is encouraged to attend and participate in the decision making process of our church.
* Ladies Book Study has already begun with an introductory meeting. But the study begins its weekly sessions on Tuesday, April 14 at 6:30 p.m. Its not too late to be a part of this time of study and fellowship. If you failed to sign up but would like to participate, contact Pam DePriest as soon as possible and plan on being there on the 14th.
* Spring Clean Up is Saturday, April 18 beginning at 8 a.m. We need volunteers for our church work day. We want to do some landscaping, clean up around our property line and, yes, paint our fellowship hall!
* Ladies Tea is scheduled for Saturday, April 25 at 11 a.m. Last years tea was well attended and everyone had a great time. This year should be no different. Mark your calendars.
WHY do you seek the LIVING among the dead? HE is NOT here, but has RISEN.
The Luther Monthly
Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.
This Sunday is Easter. Therefore I am making a personal request to each of you: Invite your family, friends, and neighbors to join you in worship at Bethesda!
Most unchurched (or uncommitted) individuals will usually make an effort to attend one or two services a year. They likely choose Christmas, Mothers Day, and/or Easter. So this Sunday provides a great opportunity for you to invite someone who rarely attends church.
Lets face the truth for a moment. Most small churches in America are holding their own or declining. Lost people are highly unlikely to simply visit our church. If they do go to a church they will select a large one where they may get lost in the big crowds. We can NOT wait for those outside the church to seek us out. We are commanded to take the Gospel to them.
I realize many believers are uncomfortable sharing their faith with others. Some of Christs faithful struggle with this their entire life. But this is what God has called us to do. And, surely if you are unable to share the Gospel with those in your family, with your neighbors, or with your co-workers, you can at least invite them to church where they will hear the Gospel preached.
So take advantage of Easter this Sunday and reach out to those you know who do not attend church. Ask them to go with you this one time to celebrate Easter. If you cant share your faith then at least share your time and bring them to our church this Sunday.
May the Lord bless our ministries at Bethesda and our efforts in sharing the Gospel with the lost in our community and around the world.